L800 - Wireless USB Peripheral Controller
The L800/802 are general purpose controllers for adding wireless USB functionality to peripheral designs. They manage all the functions required by the Certified Wireless USB protocol, including beaconing, association, and encryption. They harness WiMedia UWB technology to interoperate with other products at transfer speeds reaching up to 480 Mbps. The L800/802 support nearly all USB class drivers including mass storage, printer, MTP, and video.
- Integrates all the functions required by the WiMedia and Wireless USB protocols, including beaconing, association, and encryption
- Supports all transfer sizes, packet sizes, burst sizes, and number of endpoints (IN and OUT)
- Independent Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port for both cable association and wired USB data transfer (L800 only)
- 8/16 bit memory mapped slave interface
- Natively wireless design provides the fastest Wireless USB solution
The L800 controls both wired and wireless USB connections using the same firmware.
Use the L802 in systems that already have USB 2.0.